Sunday, February 24, 2008

Money Quotes

Some years back I researched and designed a money saving web site for students who wanted to attend MUN. The site, called Stay Afloat, is a comprehensive place for students and parents with plenty of money saving tips, "free money", debt reduction info, a budget calculator, program cost calculator, student jobs links, and banking tips.

Since, MUN has gone with a new template and new pages use that template. But the Stay Afloat pages are still accessible. This particular site's tuition information, and some other costs or program information may be out of date, but it is still a good tool for saving tips, and wise budgeting. There are also a few student testimonials on how they went through university with little or no debt, so it's possible.

At the top of major topic pages are money related quotes from famous people (and anons). Here are some of the best quotes below. Hope you enjoy.

  • They say that money can't buy you happiness, but I wouldn't mind being known as that melancholy guy who drives around in the red Lambourgini Diablo. --- George Carlin

  • All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy. ---- Spike Milligan

  • If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments. --- Anon.

  • I was a bank teller. That was a great job. I was bringing home $450,000 a week. --- Joel Lindley

  • Put not your trust in money, but put your money in trust. --- Oliver Wendell Holmes

  • I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something. --- Jackie Mason

  • I wasn't affected by inflation -- I had nothing to inflate. --- Gerald Barzan

  • I've got all the money I'll ever need if I die by four o'clock this afternoon. --- Henry Youngman

  • POVERTY: Having too much month left at the end of the money. --- Anon.

  • Money talks, but all it ever says is good-bye. --- American Proverb

  • The person who doesn't know where his next dollar is coming from usually doesn't know where his last dollar went. --- Author Unknown

  • The only reason I made a commercial for American Express was to pay for my American Express bill. --- Peter Ustinov.
  • No comments: